Bloodborne Pathogens Certification
Natural Look by Eva is a premier microblading and eyebrow shading business that takes pride in our work and values our customers. We hold ourselves to a high standard. Safety in microblading is our overall safety goal. We do this by taking all the necessary steps in maintaining proper sanitation and safety. One example this is achieved is through acquiring the Bloodborne Pathogens Certification.
What Is A Bloodborne Pathogens Certification?
Before the discussion of what a Bloodborne Pathogens Certification is. And why you should care, let’s understand what bloodborne pathogens are. According to the OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) factsheet. “Bloodborne Pathogens are infectious microorganisms present in blood that can cause disease in humans. Workers that are exposed to bloodborne pathogens are at risk for serious or life-threatening illnesses.” Bloodborne pathogens can spread by touching someone who is infected or their secretions. Or coming into contact with either a contaminated object or person.
How Does It Affect Me?
Consequently, not all states or locations require the Bloodborne Pathogens Certification by law. In other words, this means you need to be aware of any institution or service providing direct physical contact with clients. As well as what standards they are meeting to ensure a healthy environment. Our certification status should give you peace of mind that you are in the best of care.
The certification is updated yearly through on-going training. This is regardless of whether one has already passed the requirements before or for the first time. We stay up-to-date with industry standards through this on-going training.
Natural Look By Eva cares about our customers, we feel that it is your right to know what the potential hazards are. According to www.bloodbornepathogentraining.com, examples of other types of businesses that obtain certification are “Physicians, Nurses, Medical Students, Healthcare Workers, Paramedics, Firemen, Policemen, Emergency and First Responders, Teachers, School Staff, Tattoo Artists, Body Piercers, Permanent Makeup Artists, Cleaning/Janitorial Staff, Crime Scene Cleanup, etc.”
If infected by bloodborne pathogens, the severity of cases can potentially range from serious to life-threatening. Therefore, we take this matter so seriously. We do not take any risks when it comes to following guidelines and requirements set to protect customers. Natural Look by Eva takes extra measures of preventative care. We do this from beginning to end. Most importantly, we are trained to handle any situation that may arise. In other words, you can rest assured and know that you’re in good hands!
How We Provide A Safe and Clean Environment
Therefore, when we provide microblading and shading services to clients, we take several steps and precautions to maintain a safe environment. Some of the standards include:
- The usage of personal protective equipment (PPE) such as gloves, gowns, masks, and eye protection.
- Cleaning, repairing and replacing equipment.
- Establish an exposure control plan.
- Update the exposure control plan annually.
- Implement the use of universal precautions.
- Identify and use engineering controls. For example, the disposal of the bloodborne pathogens from the workplace.
- Provide information and training to professionals.
Similarly, using proper hygiene techniques is key in preventing the transmission of bloodborne pathogens. One way that we keep things safe is by using one-time use, disposable equipment. In addition, we also use disinfectant agents and wipes. Our professionals always wear Personal protective equipment (PPE) when in close contact with a client. Such PPE includes gloves and masks. Therefore, immediately after disposing of used equipment, hand washing is necessary to prevent cross-contamination.
Bloodborne Pathogens Certification. Why It’s Important
- The Bloodborne Pathogens Certification guarantees a healthy work environment, patient privacy, and general safety for clients and professionals.
- The certification is a requirement in some geographic locations. Unfortunately, not all locations require it. This means that any business having a Bloodborne Pathogens Certification holds a high standard when it comes to providing a safe and clean environment.
- Bloodborne Pathogens Certification updates annually. We do this by performing on-going training. This is not a one-time-only training. We are constantly learning better ways to serve you and keep you protected.
Above all, Natural Look by Eva is highly skilled and trained to deal with all scenarios and will continue to provide the utmost in microblading care, microblading safety and services!